Tuesday 14 April 2009

Tattoos


I don’t understand why tattoos are really considered “being bad” just a form of expressing yourself, if tattoos are considered “bad” why not a t-shirt or coat? Tattoos can be covered up easier than a coat anyway.
A couple of days ago I went with one of my friends when she had her tattoo done, it took a couple of hours and I had to stand for ages as there were no spare chairs but in the end it looked amazing. All of the tattoo artists all had lots of tattoos, and I felt kind of inadequate with none, I was thinking that I should get one whilst I was there as it all seemed so normal, I felt as though I was missing out on something, I was so plain compared to their art. Maybe that’s the reason why people get them done, to turn their body into a work of art. It’s a few days later now and the rational part of my brain is saying that I should think a lot before I actually decide to get a tattoo done. Just as we were leaving a girl I vaguely knew from school came in and showed the tattoo artist a tattoo she had had done somewhere else a week previously, it was only small but had become infected. She said that she had had it done whilst drunk, but the tattoo artist had been drunk and stoned also. If anything the bad behaviour in this case is from the actual person doing the tattoos.
I think that once in the past maybe tattoos were a working class thing which maybe was vilified because of that, but now even the most famous film stars have them and show them off. I think that they have gone from being “bad” to being desirable. As long as they are done by someone reputable.

References
http://www.tattoos-by-design.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment