Sunday 26 April 2009

Being tight...


Everyone knows someone who is mean with money and nowadays everyone is more careful when spending, but there are some people who will do this to the extreme, and not just with money.
I sometimes feel like this, like when I walk past a homeless person in the street and don’t give any money or refuse to sign up to one of those charity things when someone stops me in the street. I probably could afford to give some money, but don’t. Probably because I don’t feel like I have enough money to be able to give any to someone who I don’t know. May be that’s the feelings of everyone else too. And there are situations when you can’t help but take advantage of people, like when someone insists on buying you a drink, you try to say no but they want to and then you have to accept to be nice, but that’s different, right?
There’s this guy I know who charges his girlfriend when he gives her a lift places in his car, even if it’s to his house, in my opinion that’s pretty mean, if I were her I’d probably just get the bus, it’s much cheaper. But that’s an extreme, there are some people who always seem not to have any money and expect someone to be there to buy things for them, like drinks or taxis or food, they are the kind of people that when you buy them a massive box of chocolates only offer them round once or not at all.
But then there is a certain satisfaction you must get from knowing that you managed to have a night out for no money at all; you must be able to look at your bank balance going up happy that you have taken so much for free. There is something nice about getting something for free, although I hate taking advantage of people, especially when they have less money than I do. It always seems to be the people who are the most well off that hate spending their money, I guess that they have just mastered the art of taking off of everyone else.

References
http://beingfrugal.net/2008/04/03/frugal-tips-to-survive-a-recession/

No comments:

Post a Comment