Monday 6 April 2009

Bad Cinema



I’ve read a lot of the other blogs people have written on the film“Kids” and I think that people need to understand that it’s only a movie. I know it’s showing children behaving badly, doing stuff that people their age shouldn’t be doing, and although nowadays there is an issue with alcohol I doubt that anyone goes to the extremities that they do in the film.
I think that the most shocking part was their age, they were supposed to be around thirteen, fourteen, maybe, I’m not sure of their exact age, but too young to be drinking and having sex. The thing is with age it’s very easy to look down on teenagers and say that they are too young, but to be honest at that age personally I didn’t feel young, just as right now at twenty I don’t feel young, but I guess in ten years time I will look back on myself now and marvel at my naiveties. I guess that at that age you’re young but without realising it.
You must also look at the context of the film. It was in the 90’s and the AID’s issue was still quite prevalent. I guess that it highlights the issue in a very extreme way. I don’t know how many young teenagers have contracted AID’s from having unprotected sex but I guess it isn’t a major problem. In the end I think that it was saying that no matter who you are you should use protection or abstain entirely. The girl who contracted AID’s was the more “innocent” one and the one who you could relate to most. I suppose that it gives the message that no matter who you are you are not immune; it’s almost scary in a way.

References
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113540/

No comments:

Post a Comment